More Sorting Options for WooCommerce plugin extends WooCommerce by adding more sorting options. With this plugin you can:
- Add custom sorting options to WooCommerce (sort by title, SKU, stock quantity etc.).
- Add sorting by custom meta field.
- Rename or remove default WooCommerce sorting options.
- Rearrange sorting order in drop down on frontend.
- Completely remove all product sorting from shop frontend.
All settings are accessible from “WooCommerce > Settings > More Sorting”.
After adding custom sorting or custom meta sorting you may want to set it as default – this can be done in “WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display > Default product sorting”. Plugin’s custom sorting will be automatically added to the list there as soon as you enable it.
This section allows you to add predefined custom sorting options.
You can add sorting by (fill option with some value to enable; set option blank to disable):
- date (ascending)
- title: A to Z (alphabetically)
- title: Z to A (alphabetically)
- slug: A to Z (alphabetically)
- slug: Z to A (alphabetically)
- SKU: low to high
- SKU: high to low
- stock quantity: low to high
- stock quantity: high to low
- total sales: low to high
- total sales: high to low
- discount: low to high
- discount: high to low
- discount (percent): low to high
- discount (percent): high to low
- last modified date: oldest to newest
- last modified date: newest to oldest
- author ID (ascending)
- author ID (descending)
- product ID (ascending)
- product ID (descending)
- number of comments (ascending)
- number of comments (descending)
- random sorting
- no sorting
When sorting by SKU, you can choose if you want sort SKUs as numbers or as text.
Custom Meta Sorting
This section allows you to add sorting by any custom product meta.
For example you could add sorting by weight:
- Choose if you want to treat values as numbers or as text when sorting. Possible values: Text; Numbers.
- Meta Key
- Set meta key here. E.g.:
- Default: None
- Secondary Sorting
- Choose how you want products with same meta to be sorted. Possible values: None; ID; Parent ID; Title; Name (i.e. slug); Date; Last modified date; Author; Random; Comment count.
- Possible values: Ascending; Descending.
- This parameter will be added to URL. Important: Do not use hyphens (-). Order parameter (i.e.
-desc) will be added automatically.
- Frontend title.
Custom Meta Sorting #X
Default WooCommerce Sorting
In this section you can rename or remove any of WooCommerce default sorting options.
If you want to change the order of sorting options on frontend (in drop down box), you can do that in this section.
Default order is:
Standard WooCommerce sorting:
menu_order is for “Default sorting”.
Plugin’s custom sorting:
After that custom sorting by meta is added (e.g.
This section lets you completely remove all sorting from frontend.
Some themes (e.g. Avada) replaces default WooCommerce sorting with theme's custom. With theme's custom sorting some (or all) plugin's option may not function. You can restore default WooCommerce sorting here. If your theme is not listed - try
Other option or select some theme from the list - it may be that your theme uses same functions to replace default WooCommerce sorting.
- Possible values: Avada; Avada (no CSS); Revo; Revo (no CSS); Other.
Free vs Pro
||Except “Sort SKUs as numbers instead of as text” option
|Custom Meta Sorting
||Maximum one custom meta sorting
|Default WooCommerce Sorting
Prices & Licenses
|Single site||Unlimited sites|
We want to ensure that you are 100% happy with your purchase, so if you feel the product(s) you purchased are not the best fit for your requirements and you attempted to resolve issues with product's author
, we are offering 30 day money back guarantee
= 3.1.9 - 08/11/2018 =
* Add 'alg_wcmso_sorting_options' filter to change custom sorting filters
* Improve compatibility with avada theme by removing 'woocommerce_get_catalog_ordering_args' filter from $avada_woocommerce object
* Improve compatibility with avada fixing 'catalog-ordering' div position by removing content from :before on CSS
= 3.1.8 - 15/06/2018 =
* Add discounts sorting option
* Add WC requirement
* Add WC tested up to
* Update tested up to
= 3.1.7 - 03/02/2018 =
* Fix php warning related to is_shop() function
= 3.1.6 - 01/02/2018 =
* Fix php warning
= 3.1.5 - 01/02/2018 =
* Fix premium sections
= 3.1.4 - 26/01/2018 =
* Fix composer files
= 3.1.3 - 23/01/2018 =
* Add sorting by date - descending
* Add composer to handle dependencies
* Add option to move out of stock items to end
= 3.1.2 - 21/10/2017 =
* Dev - WooCommerce v3.2.0 compatibility - Admin settings
select type fixed.
* Dev - "Remove All Sorting" now only removes sorting from frontend and leaves it enabled in backend (so e.g. default product sorting can be set to some custom sorting).
* Dev - Savings setting array as main class property.
* Dev - Code refactoring.
= 3.1.1 - 23/07/2017 =
* Dev - WooCommerce v3.0.0 compatibility -
woocommerce_clean() replaced with
* Dev - Advanced - Restore default WooCommerce Sorting -
remove_action added to
* Dev - Plugin header ("Text Domain") updated.
* Dev - Link updated from http://coder.fm to https://wpcodefactory.com.
= 3.1.0 - 08/03/2017 =
* Dev - "Custom Meta Sorting" section added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "No sorting" option added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Random sorting" option added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by number of comments" options added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by slug" options added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by total sales" options added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by product ID" options added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by date (ascending)" option added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by author" options added.
* Dev - Custom Sorting - "Sort by last modified date" options added.
* Dev - Advanced - "Restore default WooCommerce Sorting" option added.
* Dev - Admin settings divided into separate sections. Dashboard added to General settings section.
* Dev -
ID added as second
* Dev - "Reset settings" checkbox added.
* Dev - Code refactoring: separate
order param added (e.g.
sku_asc replaced with
title removed as it already exists in WooCommerce default function.
= 3.0.2 - 19/12/2016 =
* Fix - Multisite WooCommerce check fixed.
= 3.0.1 - 15/12/2016 =
* Fix -
handle_deprecated_options() fixed. This produced notice on plugin activation.
= 3.0.0 - 13/12/2016 =
* Fix -
load_plugin_textdomain() moved from
init hook to constructor.
* Dev - Remove All Sorting - Empty
loop/orderby.php template added to ensure maximum compatibility;
* Dev - Remove All Sorting - Storefront theme compatibility added.
* Dev - Remove All Sorting -
init hook replaced with
* Dev - "Rearrange Sorting" section added.
* Dev - "Default Sorting Options" section added.
* Dev - Code refactoring. "Custom Sorting" - "Enable Section" checkbox added. Functions renamed etc.
* Tweak - Plugin renamed.
= 2.1.0 - 08/10/2016 =
* Dev - Version variable added.
* Dev - Multisite support added.
* Fix - Coder.fm link fixed.
* Tweak - Plugin renamed.
* Tweak - Author added.
* Tweak - Readme.txt header updated.
* Tweak - Language (POT) file added.
= 2.0.1 - 27/08/2015 =
* Dev - Remove All Sorting - Blaszok theme compatibility added.
= 2.0.0 - 29/07/2015 =
* Dev - Option to treat SKUs as numbers or texts when sorting, added.
* Dev - Sorting by stock quantity - added.
* Dev - Major code refactoring. Settings are moved to "WooCommerce > Settings > More Sorting Pro".
= 1.0.2 =
* 'Remove any sorting option' option added
* Sort by SKU option added
* Default sorting bug fixed
= 1.0.1 =
* 'Remove all sorting' option added
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial Release
- Buy the plugin 🙂
- Download plugin's zip to your computer (you will receive an email with download link, or you can always download the plugin from your account).
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and browse for downloaded zip file.
- If plugin is successfully installed - you should see it added to the Plugins list.
To keep WPCodeFactory items up to date, please install WPCodeFactory Helper plugin and enter your site key.