Product Visibility by User Role for WooCommerce Pro plugin lets you show/hide WooCommerce products depending on customer’s user role.
Start by visiting “General” options section in “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Visibility by User Role > General”. Here you can choose how products should be hidden:
- Hide catalog visibility
- This will hide selected products in shop and search results. However product still will be accessible via direct link.
- Make non-purchasable
- This will make selected products non-purchasable (i.e. product can't be added to the cart).
- Modify query
- This will hide selected products completely (including direct link).
- Hide menu items
- Hides menu items from empty product categories. Only categories/tags marked in bulk settings will be hidden. This option uses the
- Hide products terms
- Hides products categories and tags from being displayed on front-end. Only categories/tags marked in bulk settings will be hidden. This option works filtering terms from
- This will redirect invisible products to a page different from 404.
- Default: None
After that you can you can set included or excluded user roles for each product individually – go to product’s edit page and locate “Product visibility” meta box:
- Admin products list column
- This will add "User Roles" column to the admin products list.
- Product quick edit
- This will add "User Roles" options to the product quick edit screen.
- Products bulk edit
- This will add "User Roles" options to the products bulk edit screen.
Pro version also allows you to set user roles visibility options in bulk (for multiple products at once, product categories or product tags). In “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Visibility by User Role > Bulk Settings” you can set which products, product categories or tags are visible or invisible to certain role. If you fill in “Visible” option, then users with selected role will be able to see only chosen products. If you fill in “Invisible” option, then chosen products will be hidden for users with that role. If you leave any of the options empty – option will be ignored (i.e. all products will be visible).
Free vs Pro
Prices & Licenses
|Single site||Unlimited sites|
We want to ensure that you are 100% happy with your purchase, so if you feel the product(s) you purchased are not the best fit for your requirements and you attempted to resolve issues with product's author
, we are offering 30 day money back guarantee
= 1.2.6 - 01/11/2018
* Fix redirect option forcing invisible products to be 404
= 1.2.5 - 10/09/2018
* Fix products terms hiding regarding multiple roles
= 1.2.4 - 13/08/2018
* Improve 'Bulk Settings' code combined with 'Modify Query' option
* Improve 'alg_wc_pvbur_can_search' filter preventing the main visibility query to work on wp menu
= 1.2.3 - 27/07/2018
* Allow other plugins to interact with invisible products query using the 'alg_wc_pvbur_can_search' filter or passing a 'alg_wc_pvbur_search' parameter on customs WP_Query queries
* Add WooCommerce minimum requirement
* Improve performance of invisible products search by saving the results of alg_wc_pvbur_get_invisible_products() in cache (Only the ids, not WP_Query)
* Add action 'alg_wc_pvbur_save_metabox' on metabox saving
* Add new function 'alg_wc_pvbur_get_invisible_products_ids()' to get only the invisible products ids, with a cache option
= 1.2.2 - 02/07/2018 =
* Fix category visibility replacing 'key' by 'taxonomy' on tax_query parameters
= 1.2.1 - 29/06/2018 =
* Improve 'alg_wc_pvbur_is_visible()' function. Get the terms isn't working properly. Replace by wp_get_post_terms();
* Add is_search() check to products hiding function to make sure it works on search results too
= 1.2.0 - 02/06/2018 =
* Change the way Modify query option works
* Add new option to filter product terms hiding product categories and tags using the get_terms() function
* Improve invisible product detection on single product pages
* Add new option to hide all products, product categories/tags from user roles
= 1.1.9 - 11/05/2018 =
* Rollback to version 1.1.7
= 1.1.8 - 07/05/2018 =
* Add 'alg_wc_pvbur_is_visible' filter
* Fix 'alg_wc_pvbur_get_user_roles()' function exists
* Fix visible products logic
* Use composer to handle dependencies
* Remove pro version checking from free plugin
= 1.1.7 - 03/04/2018 =
* Add action 'pvbur_save_product' after a product is updated
* Add a new admin option to hide categories from wp nav menu if there is no products to show
* Add a filter 'pvbur_hide_empty_cats' to hide categories from wp nav menu if there is no products to show
= 1.1.6 - 02/04/2018 =
* Add new option on admin to redirect to a page different from 404 in case a product is invisible
* Add new filter 'pvbur_invisible_product_redirect' to redirect to a page different from 404 in case a product is invisible
= 1.1.5 - 26/03/2018 =
* Fix - Core -
is_visible() - Bulk settings - Products - Returning
* Dev - General - Admin Options - "Product quick edit" option added.
* Dev - General - Admin Options - "Products bulk edit" option added.
= 1.1.4 - 12/11/2017 =
* Dev - Core - Possible "
wp_get_current_user() undefined" error fixed.
= 1.1.3 - 31/10/2017 =
* Dev - Admin Settings - Settings tab title updated.
* Dev - Admin Settings - General - Description updated.
= 1.1.2 - 30/10/2017 =
* Dev - Admin Settings - Bulk Settings - User roles subsections added.
* Dev - Admin Settings - Meta box - Title updated.
= 1.1.1 - 26/10/2017 =
* Dev - Admin Settings - Bulk Settings - "Save all changes" button added to each role's section.
* Dev - Admin Settings - Meta box - Title and descriptions updated.
= 1.1.0 - 25/10/2017 =
* Dev - "Bulk Settings" section added.
* Dev - Admin Settings - Meta box select -
chosen_select class added.
* Dev - Admin Settings - Meta box on product edit moved to
* Dev - Code refactoring.
* Dev - Saving settings array as main class property.
= 1.0.0 - 30/08/2017 =
* Initial Release.
- Buy the plugin 🙂
- Download plugin's zip to your computer (you will receive an email with download link, or you can always download the plugin from your account).
- Go to Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and browse for downloaded zip file.
- If plugin is successfully installed - you should see it added to the Plugins list.
To keep WPCodeFactory items up to date, please install WPCodeFactory Helper plugin and enter your site key.