Download Plugins and Themes from Dashboard plugin lets you download installed plugins and themes ZIP files directly from your admin dashboard without using FTP. Plugin can be used out-of-the-box, i.e. without setting any options. After installation “Download ZIP” links will be automatically added to all:
- plugins – to your “Plugins > Installed Plugins” menu, and
- themes – to your “Appearance > Themes” menu.
Although there are no required settings, you can modify the plugin’s behavior by visiting “Settings > Download Plugins and Themes” from your WP admin dashboard.
- Add main plugin/theme directory to ZIP
- Sets if you want to include plugin’s or theme’s directory in ZIP or only save plugin’s/theme’s files instead.
- Append plugin/theme version number to ZIP filename
- When enabled will add plugin’s/theme’s version to the file name, e.g.:
This section allows you download all plugins or themes directory at once in single ZIP file. After clicking the button, file (
themes.zip) will be saved on your computer. Please note that if you have large number of plugins or themes, you may need to increase your WP memory limits to use “Download all” tools.
- ZIP library
- Sets which ZIP library should be used. Leave the default value if not sure. Possible values: ZipArchive; PclZip.
- Temporary directory
- Leave blank to use the default system temporary directory.
- Default: None
This section allows you to enable automatic periodical plugins or themes downloads. Files will be saved on your server.
- Periodical plugins/themes downloads
- Possible options: Do not download; Download once a minute; Download once hourly; Download twice daily; Download once daily; Download once weekly; Download every 4 weeks.
Do not download
- Path for periodical plugins/themes downloads
- Set directory on your server where ZIP files will be saved.
/wp-content/uploads/plugins-archive or /wp-content/uploads/themes-archive
- Append download date & time to plugin/theme ZIP filename
- When enabled will add download time and date to the file name, e.g.:
- Plugins/themes output file(s)
- Possible options: Each plugin’s/theme’s zip; All plugins/themes in single zip; Each plugin’s/theme’s zip + All plugins/themes in single zip.
Each plugin's/theme's zip
- Plugins/themes single ZIP file name
- Sets file name for single file ZIP (used only if you’ve selected “All plugins/themes in single zip” or “Each plugin’s/theme’s zip + All plugins/themes in single zip” in “Plugins/themes output file(s)” option).
plugins or themes