With Maximum Products per User for WooCommerce Pro plugin you can limit number of items your WooCommerce customers (logged) can buy. Item quantity for user is limited on lifetime basis (i.e. not per order).
Please note that there is no maximum quantity set for guest (i.e. not-logged) users. Possible solution would be to disable guest checkout via “Allow customers to place orders without an account” option in WooCommerce > Settings > Accounts & Privacy > Guest checkout.
Product quantities are updated, when order status is changed to
Plugin settings are accessible from “WooCommerce > Settings > Maximum Products per User”.
- All products
- Enables "All products" section.
- Maximum allowed each product's quantity per user
- Sets maximum allowed each product's quantity per user.
- Per product
- Enables "Per product" section. This will add new meta box to each product's edit page.
- Recalculate data
- Button recalculates sales data.
- Customer message
- Replaced values:
You can only buy maximum %max_qty% pcs. of %product_title% (you already bought %qty_already_bought% pcs.).
- Block checkout page
- This will stop customer from accessing the checkout page on exceeded quantities. Customer will be redirected to the cart page.
You can check saved sales data for each product, by opening admin product’s edit page:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I’m seeing No data yet text in “Maximum Products per User: Sales Data” meta box.
A. While data is recalculated automatically (but only after the plugin was enabled), you can force manual recalculation by pressing Recalculate data button in “General Options” section (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Maximum Products per User”). This is useful on initial plugin install (i.e. to calculate sales data from before the plugin was enabled). Please note that product quantities are updated when order status is changed to Completed.