- Support forum for the Maximum Products per User for WooCommerce.
- January 19, 2021 at 10:56 am #100536
I have just ordered the lifetime Pro.
Please let me know how to Block guests from buying specific products only
PierJanuary 20, 2021 at 10:37 am #100537
Please answer as soon as possible.
Thanks!January 20, 2021 at 3:19 pm #100538
Sorry for the delay.
Actually it wasn’t possible, but I just created a new option for you allowing it.
Now, there will be a new option (General > Guests > Block method) where you can choose “According to limit options”. And then the guest users won’t be able to purchase specific products according to limit options. In this case, any limit greater than 0 will be enough to block them.
I’m sending you a modified version of the plugin with this new feature via email.
Let me know your thoughts 😉January 20, 2021 at 3:25 pm #100539
Thank you for answering.
I think it’s not exactly what I meant.
We have to block all guests for specific products (not related to limit set in your plugin). I meant to replace the ‘add to cart’ button with another text to Log in only for specific products. Then once logged in we can check the limit.
PierJanuary 21, 2021 at 1:03 pm #100540
Please let me know if can achieve it for all guests with your option.
Pier SertaJanuary 22, 2021 at 10:10 am #100541
I still waiting for an answer.
Pier SertaJanuary 22, 2021 at 1:06 pm #100542
Sorry for the delay.
After reading your message, I’m modifying the feature I created to suit you exactly the way you wanted. Basically you want two different things:
1. To specify what products will be blocked by guest users
2. Modify the “Add to cart” button text for these products
Is that right?
I’m working on it. When I have news about it I’ll let you know 😉January 22, 2021 at 2:46 pm #100543
Yes specify and these are all variable products. We need for samples of each brand as variable proudcts.
Then please consider variations
Is it possible to add it with code in your funtion section?
Please let me know when you can do it, as we need it now
PierJanuary 22, 2021 at 7:28 pm #100544
But is it going to be required to specify by variation too?
I mean, if you have a variable product with 3 different variations A,B and C. Do you need to block only variation B for example?January 22, 2021 at 7:37 pm #100546Pier SertaGuest
Not block for variation but limit to 1 lifetime for any variation, in order to hide already ordered variation for logged in userJanuary 22, 2021 at 7:51 pm #100549Pier SertaGuest
Ok but please let me know how to block guest for specific products only (all sample variable products )January 25, 2021 at 2:07 pm #100545
I’ve created a new option for you.
Please update the plugin to version 3.5.1.
– Now, there will be a new option (General > Guests > Block method) where you can choose “According to limit options”
– And then if you enable Limits > Per product tag or Limits > Per product category or Limits > per product there will be a new option Block guests on the term and product page respectively.
Please let me know if it works for you 😉January 26, 2021 at 2:48 pm #100547
Please let me know how to replace the add to cart/select variation button for the specific category for guest only.
Regarding the block, It works to not add the product to cart but it’s not a good practice without any notice, becasue the customers are calling us asking that they can not add the specific product.
To sum up:
1. We have to inform the user with a text where the specific product is limited and can not be ordered or hide the variation product if possible.
2. We have to replace the ‘add to cart/select option’ button in the category/shop page with ‘log in to order’ button for guest and specific category only.
Kind regardsJanuary 27, 2021 at 10:08 am #100550
Please let me know
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.