- Support forum for the Maximum Products per User for WooCommerce.
June 28, 2022 at 10:58 am #100996GeorgeGuest
Hey, I’m struggling to understand from the documentation how the plugin works, so I’ll try and explain my use case and hopefully someone can advise what configuration to use.
There are two user roles on my site, Customer and Membership. Membership describes users who have a monthly subscription to my site.
My site sells digital downloads. Customers should be limited to 1 product per week. So, if they order/ download one product, they can not order any other item from the store for 7 days. I need to avoid them adding >1 product to the cart and circumventing the restriction by ordering multiple products at once.
Membership users should be able to place unlimited orders, unrestricted.June 29, 2022 at 8:53 am #100997
Thanks for reaching out.
Please follow the general settings below in order to achieve what you are looking for:
1. Assign a particular tag to each of your products.
2. Then navigate to WooCommerce > Settings> Maximum Products per User> General and set Mode to
Product quantities, Date range to
This weekand the Order statuses to
appropriate order statuses.
3. Now, scroll down to the User roles option and enable that option and set the
Customeruser role from the field below.
4. Next, navigate to the Limits section and enable the Per product tag option.
5. Finally, go to Products > Tags > Your tag > Edit and set Limit per user: Customer to
I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other question or need assistance.
MoshtafizurJune 29, 2022 at 9:59 am #100998
This works, except customers can just add two or more products to the cart and order them at once to circumvent the 1 per week limitation. How can I prevent them from ordering more than one product at once?June 29, 2022 at 11:12 am #100999
Thanks for following up.
> except customers can just add two or more products to the cart and order them at once to circumvent the 1 per week limitation.
Could you kindly give us more information on this? Is the limit not working for your logged-in user or for the guest users?
Please let me know.
MoshtafizurJuly 1, 2022 at 7:26 am #101000
Guest users are able to add >=2 items to the cart. So, customer can add (for example) 3 products to cart, and then order, even though the product quantity limit is set to 1 per week.July 1, 2022 at 7:29 am #101001
I have already set ‘
July 3, 2022 at 6:43 am #101002
- Do nothing but block guests from purchasing products beyond the limits’
Thanks for following up.
I think in your case, you should set the Guests option to Block guests from buying products. Then users with only Customer user role will be able to buy 1 product per week.
Please let me know if it doesn’t help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.