- Support forum for the Maximum Products per User for WooCommerce.
September 29, 2022 at 8:09 am #101060KSGuest
Hi, I have this logic below, not sure if the function can be achieved by this particular plugin
I have 2 level of memberships / user roles (i.e. A & B)
Each roles have different accumulated purchase quantity limit on product category 1. For example I want to limit accumulated purchase quantity of Role A to 1 item from Category 1 during the lifetime of Role A’s membership until the membership expired and renewed then the accumulated purchase quantity is reset to 0, hence the member can buy again. Meanwhile for other category the member is still able to purchase without any limitation.
Can this be done using this plugin?
ThxSeptember 29, 2022 at 8:36 am #101061
Thanks for reaching out.
To better assist you, kindly provide more details. Please let us know which membership plugin you are using on your website.
MoshtafizurOctober 3, 2022 at 6:41 am #101062KSGuest
I am currently using Paid Membership Pro pluginOctober 3, 2022 at 8:02 am #101063
Thanks for letting us know.
We are sorry to inform you that our plugin is not compatible with the Paid Memberships Pro plugin. Currently, only the following membership plugins are compatible with our plugin:
- WooCommerce Memberships,
- SUMO Memberships
However, I have passed this compatibility request to our development team. They will check the viability of this and get back to you as soon as they can.
MoshtafizurOctober 3, 2022 at 8:15 am #101064KSGuest
What if I control the max purchase quantity through user roles? Is that doable? because every member will be assigned a user roles when they purchase the membershipOctober 3, 2022 at 12:07 pm #101065
Thanks for following up.
You can limit the purchase of products by assigning your customer to a user role after they purchase the membership. But if the membership is renewed, then the purchase limit won’t be reset for that user automatically. In that case, you would need to reset the purchase limit manually. However, if that is acceptable to you, please follow the general instructions below to set the maximum purchase limit for category1 for the customer with the RoleA user role:
1. At first, please navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Maximum Products per User > General and set Mode to
Product Quantities. Then set the Date range and Order statuses to
2. Then go to the Limits section and enable the Per product category option.
3. Next go to the Formula section, enable the Limit by formula option and in the Formula field paste shortcode such as:
[alg_wc_mppu limit="1" user_role="rolea" term_id="20"]
20is the ID of the categoryA.
4. Now to reset the purchase limit manually, please go to the Admin section and enable the Admin Options > Editable sales data option. After that, you will be able to edit each user’s sales data on the user’s edit page (in Users). To reset the limit there, you would set the value of the Order’s value to
With this configuration, the member with the RoleA user role will still be able to buy products from other categories without any limit.
I hope you find the information helpful. If you have any questions, then please let us know.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.