HTTP error 500 – PHP limit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #105630
    Terry
    Guest

    I am getting an HTTP Error 500 when attempting to create a feed with default options… Does this plugin have any minimum requirements in PHP etc.?

    #105631
    Terry
    Guest

    Seems woocommerce needed to be updated for it to work? Is there any way to get category tree for a product alg_product_categories seems to return just one category, not the whole structure?

    If this can happen then we will gladly buy this plugin so that we can get out of stock filtering and custom update periods. 🙂

    #105632
    Tom Anbinder
    Moderator
    Plugin Support

    Hi Terry,

    Sorry for a late reply.

    1. Generally we do try to maintain backward compatibility with older WooCommerce versions. Which WooCommerce version did you have before updating?

    2. Actually [alg_product_categories] should return all the categories separated by comma. Are you sure your product(s) have multiple categories set? If that’s not the case – could you please try using more general [alg_product_terms] shortcode, i.e.:

    [alg_product_terms taxonomy="product_cat"]
    #105633
    Terry
    Guest

    Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply.

    Was using WooCommerce 2.6.14, and yes you were right, some products had not been created with all the necessary categories selected.

    However, now there is another issue. The parent category appears last, e.g. sub_category_1 > sub_category_2 > parent_category, when it should come first. Is there any way to order them?

    #105634
    Tom Anbinder
    Moderator
    Plugin Support

    Hi Terry,

    You are correct – categories should be outputted in alphabetical order (i.e. not hierarchical). Not sure if this will be good enough, but we’ve just released new plugin version 1.5.3, where I’ve added orderby attribute to the [alg_product_terms] shortcode. You can now sort it by parent_id, i.e.:

    [alg_product_terms taxonomy="product_cat" orderby="parent_id"]

    If you were creating your categories in ascending order, this should give you the required results. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

    #105635
    Terry
    Guest

    Hi, you have been of very helpful and I appreciate it.

    However the fix you suggested is not working for us. Categories are displayed in the same way as before despite using the orderby option.

    #105636
    Tom Anbinder
    Moderator
    Plugin Support

    Hi Terry,

    Hmm… That’s a bit weird. Unless your parent IDs match alphabetical order (which is unlikely) you should see different results in resulting XML. Are you sure you’ve updated the plugin to v1.5.3 (if you are using Pro version, you need to update Pro, not free)?

    #105637
    Terry
    Guest

    Hi,
    yes, the plugin is updated to the latest version. I am confused as well.

    I experimented by creating a completely new category hierarchy of six entries and a test product and it works correctly there. But all the existing products experience problems.

    Could this be a database issue? Or a plugin conflict?

    #105638
    Terry
    Guest

    I may have found a very inelegant solution, but if it works I am going to use. Just one question though, is there a limit to the number of value pairs for find/replace in case of multiple items?

    #105639
    Tom Anbinder
    Moderator
    Plugin Support

    Hi Terry,

    No, there is no limit on find/replace pairs, however, I think I’ve managed to implement the hierarchical sorting. Please update the plugin to v1.5.4 and try this:

    [alg_product_terms taxonomy="product_cat" orderby="hierarchy"]

    Let me know if something is not working as expected.

    P.S. If you like the plugin, please consider leaving me a rating.

    #105640
    Terry
    Guest

    After the last update and using the hierarchy ordering categories display properly on our staging environment.

    However, we had to revert woocommerce version on the live site and we are back too error 500. when trying to create the feed. We will figure it out eventually.

    One last request, could you give an example of using multiple find/replace, is there any non allowed characters in-between the separators, etc. I have a suspicion I was doing it wrong. The reason I am asking is that before you updated to 1.5.4 and solved my issue, I was trying to recreate the category hierarchy using the category_url shortcode and replacing strings there with actual category names, but sometimes even if the number of pairs was correct, the find/replace mechanism skipped items, i.e. the first element of the, say 15th pair, would match to the second element of the 17th pair.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.