- Support forum for the EAN and Barcodes for WooCommerce.
September 23, 2021 at 1:13 pm #85017PaulGuest
Also mailed you my big issue. My logistics partner cannot work with my product SKU’s which look like this for example….314TFE 314 +1.00 How can I replace all SKU’s with EAN codes easily with your tool? I also have a lot of variable products.
Additional info. All my product have EAN codes which i used your plugin for. I only want to replace all SKU’s with the existing EAN codes.
PaulSeptember 23, 2021 at 1:20 pm #85018Tom AnbinderModeratorPlugin Support
I’ve just replied to you via email, but just in case, I’m posting the same here:
1. If you need to copy existing EANs to SKUs – there is one “trick”:
– Go to the “Products” menu and click the “Export” button. In “Which columns should be exported” – select “ID” and “EAN”, and click “Generate CSV”.
– Now go to the “Products” menu again, and click “Import”. Choose the CSV file we’ve just generated, check the “Update existing products” box, and click “Continue”. It will open new “Map CSV fields to products” screen – map “ID” to “ID” there, and “EAN” to “SKU”, and click “Run the importer”.
2. If you need to copy existing SKUs to EANs – we have the “Copy EAN from product SKU for all products” tool in “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Tools”. Make sure that you have the latest version of our plugin installed (currently v2.2.9).
Please give it a try and let me know what you think.March 2, 2022 at 9:10 pm #85019Tom AnbinderModeratorPlugin Support
Just wanted to add – you can also make so that EAN is always saved in the SKU field. What you need to do, is go to “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Advanced” and set the “Meta key” option there to
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.