- Support forum for the Min Max Default Quantity for WooCommerce.
July 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm #104013StanGuest
Hi, can I set fixed quantity based on the product? For example, Product A I only want to sell quantities of 250, 500, 1000 and 2000. Product B quantity 10, 20, 30 and 50.
Would this be possible?
July 7, 2019 at 10:28 pm #104014
- This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Omar.
What you need is:
1. Go to “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Quantity > Fixed Quantity”.
2. Enable “Allowed quantity” section there.
3. Enable “Per product” option in the “Allowed Quantity” section.
4. Now go to the admin edit page of your Product A and there in “Product Quantity” meta box, you should find “Exact quantity allowed” option. Set that to
250,500,1000,2000. Similarly for Product B to
Hope that helps and please let me know if you have any questions or if something is not working as expected.July 8, 2019 at 11:57 am #104015
Thanks for the reply, Tom.
I bought your plugin and followed your instructions but it didn’t work.
I still manage to add a quantity of 1 into the cart.
I also enabled your quantity dropdown option but the quantity box is still the same. I’m using Storefront theme.July 8, 2019 at 12:02 pm #104016
Do I need to install the Free version of your plugin for the Pro version to work? Nothing seems to work in the plugin. I also tried the minimum quantity and I didn’t see any option in the product to set the minimum quantity.July 8, 2019 at 12:18 pm #104017
If you wish, you can share an admin account (my email is [email protected]), so I could log in and help you set up the plugin.
A couple of notes:
1. “… I still manage to add a quantity of 1 into the cart…”
> Please try setting “Add to cart” validation option to “Validate and add notices” in “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Quantity > General”. This will restrict to correct quantities right away on add to cart button click (instead of just notices on the cart and checkout pages).
2. “… quantity dropdown…”
> Please make sure that product has a maximum quantity set (it’s needed as dropdown can’t have an unlimited number of values, so maximum must be set). You can use Max value fallback option in “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Quantity > Quantity Dropdown” – it will be used for all products which don’t have a maximum quantity set.
3. “… Do I need to install the Free version…”
> No, Free version is not needed, if Pro is installed.
4. “… I didn’t see any option in the product to set the minimum quantity…”
> If you want to set min quantity on per product basis – please make sure that you have enabled Per product option in “WooCommerce > Settings > Product Quantity > Minimum Quantity > Per Item Minimum Quantity”.July 9, 2019 at 11:55 am #104018
Everything works well now, Tom. Thanks for your help!July 10, 2019 at 12:12 pm #104019
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.