Home › Forums › Payment Gateway Currency for WooCommerce › The plugin doesn’t convert the cost of orders with “Pending payment” status
- Support forum for the Payment Gateway Currency for WooCommerce.
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Tom Anbinder.
November 8, 2021 at 1:20 pm #86012Eugene PodrezenkoParticipant
The plugin doesn’t convert the cost of orders with “Pending payment” status.
e.g. if I create an order through the administrative console with “Pending payment” status and go to the Customer payment page and click “Pay for order”, then the cost is converted like this 17 USD = 17 RUB. How to fix it?November 8, 2021 at 10:27 pm #86013Tom AnbinderModeratorPlugin Support
Currently, there is this workaround available: when creating order as admin, click on the pencil icon in the “Billing” section and select some “Payment method” there, which doesn’t require any conversion. Then make sure that our “Lock gateway on order payment” checkbox is enabled in “WooCommerce > Settings > Payment Gateway Currency > Advanced”. This way customer won’t be able to change the payment gateway on his payment page and will be forced to pay via the gateway that you’ve selected (i.e. with the correct amount). Hope you get the idea.
I understand however that this may be not good enough, so I’m going to implement additional options in our plugin to solve this.
I’m thinking about two different approaches:
- I will add an option for admin to set different currency for an order. This way, after creating an order as admin, you will be able to change its currency and set an appropriate payment gateway (as I described in the workaround). Again, we will lock the gateway for the customer on his payment page, so he won’t be able to change it.
- I will make our conversions work on the customer payment page the same as they are now working on the checkout page now. This way we won’t have to lock the gateway for customers.
Please let me know what you think.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.