- Support forum for the Maximum Products per User for WooCommerce.
- April 29, 2020 at 7:25 pm #100391cappuccinoParticipant
Hi guys – this is great. I purchased the lifetime access. Can you also add the ability to limit guests as well? I found another plugin that limits quantity per product per order. Would be good to have it in your plugin so I just need one. Bonus if we can limit quantity per product per order over a specified time range as well, but because they are guests it might be hard to enforce the time range – maybe latch to a user email or shipping address? Let me know – this would be excellent!May 1, 2020 at 9:59 pm #100392Tom AnbinderModeratorPlugin Support
Sorry for the late reply.
1. Limiting guests – as you’ve probably noticed, for the moment we only have “Block guests” option. The idea of limiting it by email sounds interesting, but it may be quite complicated to implement, as now our plugin stores sales data in each user’s meta, and as for guest there is no user in DB and thus no meta, we will have to store sales data differently for them. Anyway, I will have to look into it further – will get back to you asap. By the way, if we are going to limit it per email, it would be probably a good idea to verify user emails with e.g. Email Verification for WooCommerce plugin.
2. Limiting per order – these two plugins should cover “per product” and “per order” functionality:
* Product Quantity for WooCommerce
* Order Minimum/Maximum Amount for WooCommerce
I understand that installing one plugin is always better than two (or even three), but to be honest, I’m not sure if I want to add it to the plugin. Again, I will have to think this through.December 23, 2020 at 12:51 am #100393WPFactory PluginsParticipantPlugin Author
We just wanted to let you know that we’ve finally added (in plugin v3.4.0) the option to track and limit guest (i.e. non-logged) user sales. There is new “Identify guests by IP address” option in “WooCommerce > Settings > Maximum Products per User > General > Guests”.
Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.