Home › Forums › Order Minimum/Maximum Amount for WooCommerce › How do I set the minimum order amount for a particular category?
- Support forum for the Order Minimum/Maximum Amount for WooCommerce.
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by Eugenio.
- November 13, 2020 at 12:12 pm #92898
Hi I have a pre order question.
I need to set for a specific category of product a minimum amount order.
I show you an example:
We have to kinds of category: “Fresh” and “Dry”
If in the cart there only products from “dry” category there are no rules of amount
if in the cart there is at least one product from “fresh category” there is a rule of amount for the entire cart without shipping cost.
It is possibile to do with your plugin?November 13, 2020 at 12:46 pm #92899
where i wrote : “if in the cart there is at least one product from “fresh category” there is a rule of amount for the entire cart without shipping cost.” i was meaning “without considering the shipping costNovember 16, 2020 at 1:37 am #92900Tom AnbinderModeratorPlugin Support
Yes, that’s possible. Here is what you need to do:
1. Set “Order sum” option (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Order Min/Max Amount > General > Order Sum Options”) to “Order subtotal” – this way we’ll exclude shipping from cart total.
2. Enable our “Products” section (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Order Min/Max Amount > Products”).
3. In the same “Products” section – set the “Product Categories > Require” option to “Fresh” – this way the amount rules will be applied only when there is at least one “Fresh” product in the cart.
* Please note that if you set it up as I’ve described – when comparing the amounts, cart total will include both categories in your example (“Dry” and “Fresh”). Our plugin can also calculate cart total by including selected product categories only (e.g. “Fresh” only), but this is set via another option – “WooCommerce > Settings > Order Min/Max Amount > General > Scope Options > Per product category” – this will also allow you to set different min/max amounts for different categories.
Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.November 16, 2020 at 9:03 am #92901
I set like you say but it doesn’t work always. In particular it doesn’t work when I change my cart after i receive the notice for minimum amountNovember 16, 2020 at 9:04 am #92902
I have the pro version
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.