- Support forum for the EAN and Barcodes for WooCommerce.
June 13, 2022 at 10:32 am #85193
Hi, I have just purchased the EAN for WooCommerce Pro.
I have following two questions:
- EAN were successfully created and appear on product/variation. However, the default barcode field is empty. How to bulk copy / paste the EANs from EAN field to Barcode fields in General + Variation tabs? This is needed so tht barcodes can be read by OliverPOS plugin.
- We use Zebra to print the barcodes. I have set up the dimensions but is there a way to print multiple quantities of specific SKUs, rather than going to settings each time. It is quite laborious and it is the only reason why I purchased the Pro edition.
Thank you!June 13, 2022 at 2:17 pm #85194
Thank you for the purchase.
June 13, 2022 at 3:09 pm #85195
- I’m not sure if I got the question correctly, but if you mean you want to display barcodes (i.e., images) for the EANs that you’ve created/set, then you need to enable the “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Barcodes” (and/or “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > 2D Barcodes”) section(s), and select on which positions you want the barcodes to be displayed. Please let me know if I’ve misunderstood the question.
- There is the “Use stock quantity” checkbox (in “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Print”) – when enabled, it will print a separate label for each product inventory item. Please let me know if that’s not what you need, and I’ll try to come up with some solution.
Sorry, let me clarify:
June 13, 2022 at 3:55 pm #85196
- My problem is not displaying barcode images. My problem is that I have generated EAN digits (via your plugin). I would like those same digits to be replicated/displayed in the barcode field that appears on product page settings. The digits must be copied into this Barcode field as Oliver POS app can only recognise the codes in this field. The Oliver POS cannot recognise the EANs in the EAN field. Does that make sense? Is there a solution to bulk replicate the codes rather than going through each SKU/Variation and copying/pasting the digits from EAN field to Barcode field?
- Yes I saw “Use stock quantity” checkbox but say if I want to print nominal amount when we receive goods in to warehouse (ie. 100 barcodes of a certain SKU, and then 25 barcodes of another SKU at same time) how to do that efficiently?
See following link to the screenshots I have captured for Simple product and Variable product. It might help explain better!:June 14, 2022 at 7:51 pm #85197
June 15, 2022 at 7:06 am #85198
- Ok, I got it now. Currently, we only have “Copy to product SKU” and “Copy to product attribute” tools. What you need is very similar, but we need to know the meta key that OliverPOS plugin uses for its field. If possible, please share access to your site, so I could log in and check it (my email is [email protected])? Please let me know if sharing an account is not an option, and I will continue solving it remotely.
- Ok, please give me a couple of days or so to add it to the plugin. Will get back to you about this soon.
Thank you Tom!
I sent email last night to you and Oliver POS team. They should be able to assist you. Did you receive it?
Barcodes: ok great. In addition to printing specific SKUs Please can you also add functionality to allow me to print barcodes for specific variations?
Currently in product page one has to select the parent product and print all the variations together. E.g Hat size S,M,L,XL must all print together but I want option to print 50 x barcodes of size L only.
Thank you!June 15, 2022 at 3:49 pm #85199
OliverPOS – yes, I’ve received the email. I don’t think they replied yet, though.
Barcodes for specific variations – actually, I think there is an option for that already. Please go to “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Print > Admin Options”, and make sure that the “Single product” option is selected in the “Print buttons”, and at least one option is selected in the “Variations print buttons”. After that (from the single product admin edit page), you should be able to print barcodes for specific variations only. Is this what you had in mind?June 16, 2022 at 6:13 am #85200
That is great. Specific variations are enabled so I can print all.
However, I still do not have option to choose specific quantities of barcode and if I want to do a batch of many SKUs I would have to go into each single product admin edit page.
It would be Amazing if there was a simple box with 3 fields: one field to “choose sku from category” or option for another field for user to input the sku name and then final field for user to input quantity to print.
This could help make the process for multiple batch barcodes more efficient? Or does this exist?
Thanks again for your help!
p.s. the meta key that Oliver POS uses for its field – Meta: oliver_barcode
Would we then be able to batch import the EANs to this field?June 16, 2022 at 1:40 pm #85201
Please update the plugin to the latest v4.1.0.
- OliverPOS – please go to “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Tools”, locate the new “Product Tools > Copy to product meta” tool, set the “Meta key” option there to
oliver_barcode, and run the tool (or add “Copy to product meta” to “Automatic actions” and/or “Periodic action” option(s)).
- Printing quantity – please go to “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Print”, locate the new “Print Tools” section, select products, set quantity, and run the tool.
Please give it a try and let me know what you think.June 16, 2022 at 3:47 pm #85202
Tom, huge thank you for the update! 😀
The EAN copies to OliverPOS “Barcode” field for all SKUs.However, it does not copy to the “Variation Product Barcode” field in the product variations section. I have sent email to their developers for this meta key with you in cc. I hope it is possible to be able to input 2 x meta keys in the “Copy to product meta” tool?
Perfect. This “Print Tools” section is excellent for day to day SKU management.
On the main Product Page where we have BULK ACTION Print Barcodes, is there a possibility to define a quantity too? I ask this because we must do initial barcode creation for all SKUs in woo. After that is done, we will revert to your “Print Tools” section as we will only be printing 5-10 SKUs at a time there.
Thank you so much for all your attention, I really am very grateful and I am sure this will help your wider community too!
DJune 16, 2022 at 5:55 pm #85203
Happy to help 🙂
OliverPOS – please update the plugin to the latest v4.1.1. Now it’s possible to set multiple keys in our “Copy to product meta” tool, so please set (instead of
Please give it a try and let me know what you think.
Quantity in bulk actions – let me check. Will get back to you soon.June 16, 2022 at 9:28 pm #85204
Thank you Tom! It’s worked very well from what I can see! Amazing work. This has helped us hugely! 😀
Ok, waiting your feedback on Quantity in bulk actions.June 17, 2022 at 8:38 pm #85205
Please update the plugin to the latest v4.1.2. After that, please go to “WooCommerce > Settings > EAN > Print” and there, in the “Admin Options > Print buttons” section, locate the new “Quantity input” option – add “Products > Bulk actions” to it. Now you should be able to set quantity when printing from the products list.
Please give it a try and let me know what you think.June 22, 2022 at 12:01 pm #85206
Sorry Tom, I did not see your reply. Thank you very much for this update! I will try printing and let you know if any problems. I left a review too 🙂June 23, 2022 at 12:51 pm #85207
Great, thanks 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.